An interesting and peculiar taste that becomes more and more popular lately. So here is a hot chocolate with salty caramel flavor.
- 1cup Milk
- 50gr Dark Chocolate
- 2Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Whipped cream for the topping
- In a pot add the sugar and put over low heat.
- Wait until all the sugar has dissolved and has turned into a golden liquid caramel.
- Pur in the milk (preferably warm) and whisk until all the caramel has dissolved. (Probably you will get lumps of caramel when you pour the milk but don't worry they will dissolve when the milk starts to heat up)
- Warm up the milk and caramel mixture to about 95°C (Almost boiling).
- Finely chop the chocolate.
- Remove the pot from the heat and put the salt in the milk.
- Let the ingredients rest in the warm milk for a couple of minutes.
- Place the pot back on the low heat and whisk until smooth.
- Pour in a cup.
For more hot chocolate recipes, tips and ideas read the Hot Chocolate Project.